Saturday 18 May 2019

Alix

Alix was my French penfriend when we were teenagers, and I was inspired to scrap this photo of her (the only one I have) by a prompt at For the Love of Pretty Paper to use envelopes on a page. I can be pretty literal at times, and penfriends and envelopes fitted together in my mind.

I'm combining National Scrapbooking Day challenges again, starting with a scraplift from UK Scrap Addicts for their 'Attack of the Clones' challenge. I sketched and stitched the swirly lines, which satisfied the requests for stitching which came from both Hey Little Magpie and Bramble Fox.

I did my best to kill off a 6x6 pad with this page, cutting and stretching some of the papers. There are so many patterns that once I'd added my envelopes I didn't feel that there was a place or a need for much embellishment, just adding a few subtle punched flowers.


Supplies
Paper - My Mind's Eye Wild Asparagus, My Mind's Eye Just Splendid
Letters - DCWV
Gems - Simply Creative
Thread - DMC

Tools
Big Shot & Sizzix Cards & Envelopes Die
Craft Creative Flower Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment