Monday 6 May 2019

Stars of the Show

by Jackie Ashton
National Scrapbooking "Day" kicked off on Friday in some groups, and the first page I made was for a scraplift challenge from Hey Little MagpieThe rays on Jackie's page reminded me of a yellow sunburst paper in my scraps box so I started from there, found a matching yellow scrap for the bottom part of the page and moved on to photos.

I didn't have my holiday photos at that point, so was choosing pictures from an old photo album; these dolphin photos were next to the parrots from my last page and suited the rays so were an easy pick. 


I combined two of the 'Prompts a Day for the Month of May' from For the Love of Pretty Paper in this page - Animals (2 May) and Stars (3 May) - and it was my wish to use stars for the page that lead to my title, carefully positioned to block out a stray head in the left photo. 

Using old photos here also worked perfectly for the first challenge from UK Scrap Addicts. All the challenges have a Star Wars theme and several options within them; for this page I used 1980s photos and a supply we no longer really use (rub-on lettering as part of my title) for the 'Return of the Jedi' challenge. 

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill, Craft Sensations
Paper - October Afternoon Summertime, Doodlebug, Basic Grey
Letters - Creative Devotion, WHSmith
Border Sticker - Fancy Pants
Journalling Card - Elle's Studio
Word Sticker - Crate Paper
Puffy Stars - Elle's Studio
Washi Tape - The Works
Mist - Cosmic Shimmer
Ink - Hobbycraft

Tools
Bracket Template
Silhouette Portrait
Hobbycraft Star Punch
Big Shot & Dovecraft Star Die

No comments:

Post a Comment