Friday 10 May 2019

Cousins

I've had this stars cut-file sitting on my desk for ages; I don't remember now which photos I cut it for or why I didn't use it, but it had been there long enough.

National Scrapbooking Day is always a good time for random photos and random supplies and I fulfilled three NSD challenges while creating a permanent home for my cut-file: The Cut Shoppe asked us to use any of their cut-files with torn paper; Bramble Fox just wanted to see plenty of stars on a page; UK Scrap Addicts asked for a large element for their 'Death Star' challenge from a Star Wars themed day. 

The original cut-file (Oh Little Star) was a 12" circle, but I have a Silhouette Portrait which can only cut 8" wide so I'd cut 2/3 of the circle, and now I positioned it to one side of the page and covered the cut edge with a torn strip of paper. I dived into the archives again for a single photo - me, my siblings and our cousins 35 years ago - which I layered up with patterned papers.


Finally, For the Love of Pretty Paper have 'A Prompt a Day for the Month of May' to get us using more of our supplies; the prompts can be combined so here I have Stars, No Flowers and Primary Colours for 3rd to 5th May.

Supplies
Paper - SEI Moravia, Simple Stories, Pink Paislee Indigo Bleu, 4Heures 37 Eiffel Avenue, Basic Grey
Vellum - American Crafts
Letters - American Crafts
Glitter Tape - Hobbycraft
Enamel Stars - Freckled Fawn
Washi Tape - Unknown
Gems - Papermania
Pearls - Scrapberry's
Ink - Hobbycraft
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Silhouette Portrait & Oh Little Star Cut-File
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment