Thursday 13 February 2020

Changi

Original Page
This is one of the pages from my Far East album that just needed a tweak. The original (right, from 2012) is OK but the line of circles seems unfinished, they are all the same paper, flat on the page and not overlapping. My initial plan was to pick a contrasting paper, tuck a strip into the layers behind the photos and punch more circles to add them to the original line.

However I couldn't find a good contrasting paper and I did find more of the map print, some arrows from the same ephemera pack as the 'world travel' phrase and a matching pack of old rain dots (an early form of translucent enamel dot). I added the arrows and rain dots to my line of circles instead, and also added the word 'Singapore' in yellow. I positioned this below 'Changi' at first, but it looked better moved to the right a bit to join the diagonal.


Supplies
Paper - Karen Foster World Travel, Crate Paper Static, K&Co Sea Glass
Vellum - from Stash
Letters - American Crafts, October Afternoon
Journalling Tag - Making Memories
Ephemera - atd
Rains Dots - Cloud 9 Design
White Acrylic Paint

Tools
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circles Template
X-Cut Small Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment