Tuesday 11 February 2020

Rob & Ruby

I've left the title page of my Far East album alone, but I'm re-working the next two. The reason for the trip was the wedding my husband's brother to his Malaysian girlfriend, so I had originally started with photos of the couple and then their wedding invitation.
Reviewing the album now, I wasn't happy with either page. The left one needs more layers and I don't like the way I did the journalling; the right one feels unnecessary, and I had only used photocopies of the invitation meaning that the original still needed to be stored safely.

I re-worked these by cutting the photo block from the left page and adding extra layers behind it, creating a pocket for the original invitation. I removed the journalling and cut away the damaged paper at the bottom of the page, then I pieced it back together again with two punched strips of stripey paper and part of the background from the original invitation page. I journalled by hand on new paper strips, moving them closer to the title and photos, and re-positioned the hearts adding some trios of gems and a single stray flower.




Overall, I'm much happier now. The page is still quite simple, but the photos have been emphasised and the journalling is less dominant.

Supplies
Paper - K&Co Hannah, Basic Grey Archaic
Letters - Scenic Route
Hearts, Gems & Flower - Unknown Stash
Ink - Dovecraft

Tools
Fiskars Apron Lace Border Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment