Saturday 29 February 2020

Winter Photography Scavenger Hunt

We're at the end of another month, so three-quarters of the way now through the Winter Photography Scavenger Hunt organised by Eileen at A Bracelet of Days. She gave us a list of twenty items (and two alternatives) to find and photograph between 1st December and 31st March.

Last time we checked in I was on eleven items, and today's haul all come from a walk I did earlier in the month. I'm slowly walking the Capital Ring, a 78 mile path around London, and this was the section from Hanwell to Sudbury Hill in West London. Unfortunately, although I'd intended to look for the scavenger items, I forgot all about them once I was on the move so I know I missed a few possibilities.

1. In the Bag
The essentials for the day - route guide, camera and Oyster card.


2. Contrast
Bare branches against the sky.


3. The Way to Go
Marking my progress en route to Horsenden Hill.



4. Colours
Narrowboats on the Grand Union Canal


6. Vintage 
The old sign on Hanwell railway station, which was called Hanwell and Elthorne between 1896 and 1974 and the older sign has been preserved.



7. I Stood Here
The trig point atop Horsenden Hill.


15. Letters - see 6. Vintage

17. A Line
A line of willow trees beside the River Brent.



20. Monochrome
A bench in Perivale Park dedicated to session musician Nicky Hopkins.


So, eight here, but only two were new, the rest being duplicates of items I'd already ticked off. I also know I missed chances for Chain and Barrier (but I have those already too). Weather permitting, I'll be out again on Tuesday on the next section and I hope to tick off a few more finds then, but I think I also need a photo session closer to home for some of the others.

One month left to go now, and 7/20 to go (plus both alternatives). It's do-able, but I really need to concentrate on finding the less common items now.

P.S. A full account of this walk is coming up soon.


1 comment:

  1. It seems that we are all still looking for 6 or 7 photos to finish the hunt. Good luck in finding yours.

    I like the monochrome bench and the line of willows.

    ReplyDelete