Wednesday 19 February 2020

China Town

Original Page
I divided the existing pages of my Far East album into four categories (Done, Tweak, Re-work and Replace) when I started the project to get it finished, and this page has had minor tweaks. 

It's not what I would make now, but I don't dislike it so I've no real reason to make major changes. However, I really wish I'd matted the photos originally, and the journalling (printed on vellum) is hard to read with dark print against the dark background paper so that needed to be fixed. 

I started by lifting off all the photos and matting them; the paper I chose is another pink and brown print so there's no great contrast but they do look better now. I also removed the brads that hold the journalling in place, tore a piece of grey paper to sit behind the vellum to increase legibility, and put the brads back through both layers. 

The page was still very plain so I wanted to add some embellishment but found it difficult to add anything that didn't look out of place. I've used some gold peel-off flower stickers recently on other pages; they wouldn't work here, but they led me to adding both some some decorative border strips around the photos and some punched flowers along the plant sprays printed on the background. 



Supplies
Cardstock - Papermania
Paper - DCWV Far East Stack
Peel-Off Stickers - Starform
Gems - Simply Creative
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Craft Creative Flower Punch


No comments:

Post a Comment