Friday 7 February 2020

parkrun

I'm rather pleased that I mostly kept on top of my 2019 annual album as we went along last year, the first time I have ever achieved that, so obviously I'd like to do the same for 2020.

The first significant event of this year was my 100th parkrun*, which has taken me just over two years to clock up. I could have just used a photo from the day, but instead I've picked four from the past year to reflect the year-round nature of parkrun and the time that it took me to do runs 51-100.

I actually started my page from the four seasons stickers, and found patterned papers in my scraps box which both matched up with the seasons and didn't clash too much. I layered them all up in four blocks, but didn't really have a plan of what I was doing with the blocks themselves. They were too wide to span the page so after a bit of shuffling I ended up arranging them in a lop-sided diamond. I cut the title on my Silhouette, smaller then I'd have liked, but sized to fit the space available, and journalled in the opposite corner.


* Parkruns are free events run by volunteers in parks across the country every week. I started parkrunning in 2018 and kept an 8x8 scrapbook/journal for the first year; hit the 'parkrun' label if you'd like to know more.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - Scrappin' Sports, Simple Stories, Carta Bella, American Crafts/Dear Lizzy, Basic Grey, Pinkfresh Studio
Letters - Creative Devotion
Stickers - Echo Park Everday Memories
Glitter Tape - Hobbycraft?
Enamel Shapes - Marianne Designs
Ink - Hobbycraft

Tools
Silhouette Portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment