Monday 13 April 2020

A Different Wedding Ceremony

I'm trying to work my way through my Far East album in order so that the single sand doubles fit together properly, and I've finally reached the reason for the trip - the wedding of my brother-in-law to his Malaysian fiancée. Her family has Chinese heritage so the ceremony was based on Chinese traditions including a tea ceremony.

I had previously made an 8-photo double page for just the tea ceremony but I never liked it and I'm happy to bin it and start again. My new page has eight photos again but only two are from the tea ceremony now, with six from other parts of the day. I went for a grid this time, with alternating rectangles of photos and patterned paper, based on the 'Go for the Grid' sketch from Shimelle Laine's new class Start with a Sketch.



I rescued the embossed cardstock from my old pages and plan to spread it across all the wedding pages I make this time. I used four strips here above and below the grid, with the main background being plain cardstock instead.

Supplies
Cardstock - Unknown Embossed, Stampin' Up!
Paper - Dovecraft Eastern Promise, 7Gypsies
Letters - Webster's Pages
Vellum & Hearts - Unknown
Washi Tape - Dovecraft?
Gems - Love to Craft
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
X-Cut Small Circle Punch
Crayola Flower Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment