Friday 3 April 2020

Little India

I've finished the Singapore section of my Far East album now, so I'm moving on to Malaysia where we stayed in George Town on the island of Penang. On the whole, I made my Malaysian pages later than my Singaporean pages, so I'm happier with more of them but there are still a few that require my attention.


I had two niggles with this page from the Little India district of George Town - I really wish I'd matted the photos, and I don't like the title/journalling cluster; it feels disconnected from the photos due to both the physical separation and the use of circles and rounded corners when the rest of the page is made up of straight lines.

It was easy enough to lift the original photos from the page, mat them on brown cardstock and replace them; while doing that I also swapped over the two landscape photos so that the general view is now at the top and the close-up at the bottom. 

I wanted to keep the title circle, but it's quite small and the same colour as the paper behind it so I matted it on glittered cardstock and die-cut three smaller circles from the same paper so that I could repeat both the colour and the shape around the page. I still had a couple of off-cuts of these papers in my scraps box so I was able to use one of them for a new journalling box. I added foam squares to my title circle and overlapped it with two of the photos and the journalling box so that it all feels more connected and coherent now.




Supplies
Cardstock - DCWV, American Crafts
Paper - Fancy Pants Summer's End
Lace Border Sticker - Crate Paper Random Collection
Peel-Off Letters - Gold Label
Ink - Papermania, Ranger
Ribbon - from Stash

Tools
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circle Template
Kreaxions Circle Cutter
Big Shot & The Works Circle Die

No comments:

Post a Comment