Monday 17 August 2020

2016 Album Cover

My 2016 albums are done now, but there was one more task left. I use postbound or snapload albums rather than three ring albums (for reasons discussed in this post) and I have two brown albums from Pioneer which will hold these pages. These have windows in the front which I have now filled with title cards. 

My supplies were very simply chosen, using the first things that would work rather then diving through everything I own in search of the perfect pieces. I started with the background papers; these were the last two left in a 6x6 pad which was sitting on my desk, and the kraft grid sits well with the brown fabric of the albums. I then sought an alphabet sheet with flat stickers and two each of the numbers 2, 0, 1 and 6 left and stopped as soon as I found a suitable sheet from Basic Grey. 

Next up I considered washi tape, but decided to look at stickers first; turning to my OneCanoeTwo #stickerbook where I chose one with some green to match the numbers. The other main colour in the sticker was pink so I pulled some small tile stickers to add 'Part One' and 'Part Two' to the title cards. 

Since the word 'Part' is shorter than 'One' and 'Two' I added a pink enamel heart to each card. This could have been another motif or colour, but again I stopped as soon as I had something suitable rather than perfect. Finally I added a trio of green rain dots to each card and popped them into their pockets.




No comments:

Post a Comment