Saturday 29 August 2020

Travel Document Wallet

These month we've had a collaboration between For the Love of Pretty Paper and Paper, Scissors, Story over on Facebook. Cal Summers has offered four free classes for two mini-books, making a waterfall on a page and a 12x12 wallet.

The first project that I chose was the wallet, but I've adapted it to be 9x12, a little bigger than A4. I plan to use it for my next cruise to hold all the maps and leaflets that I accumulate at each port we visit.

The 12x12 version uses four sheets each of cardstock and patterned paper but my smaller version only needed three (so long as I cut carefully). I made the wallet from grey cardstock, and picked the blue papers from a travel-themed pad by Simply Made Crafts to cover it. 






I don't have any matching embellishments for this pad (I don't think the company produce them, just the paper pads) so I looked at a couple of other travel collections for pieces to decorate the front of my wallet.

I started with the suitcases and the frame which I backed with grey patterned paper, all from Pink Paislee's Atlas collection. I also looked at Simple Stories' Travel Notes stickers and picked out all the clear passport stamps to add to the front of the wallet. The stickers all had cities that I'm unlikely to visit in the next couple of years so this seemed like a good place to use them up rather than have them stick around in my stash forever.

Finally, I made a co-ordinating piece for the top flap on my wallet. I die-cut a ticket from the same grey paper as I had backed the frame, and looked for red, yellow and blue stickers to pull the suitcases colours up here. The pennant and car stickers are both from Travel Notes and I chose washi tape for the yellow.

Supplies
Cardstock - Stampin' Up!
Paper - Simply Made Crafts Travel Keepsakes, Pink Paislee Atlas
Frame - Pink Paislee Atlas
Stickers - Simple Stories Travel Notes
Washi Tape - Dovecraft
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Big Shot & X-Cut Ticket Stubs Die
X-Cut Corner Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment