Saturday 1 August 2020

Summer Photography Scavenger Hunt - London Finds

We've reached the end of the second month of the Summer Photography Scavenger Hunt organised by Mary-Lou at Patio Postcards, so it's time to check up on everyone's progress so far.

I stayed local in June, and racked up ten finds on walks from home. With lockdown restrictions being lifted here now, I had to go up to London for a meeting on Friday last week; while I was happy to use off-peak trains I'm not ready to go on the Underground yet so I walked from Fenchurch Street to Smithfield which gave me the opportunity to do some scavenger hunting on the way. 

I also decided to book a visit to the Barbican Conservatory as it lay on my route, I had time for that before my meeting and it wouldn't be worth a specific separate trip.

All of these photos come from my London trip:

6. Something in the Shape of a Triangle
One I knew I'd find - the glass at 30 St Mary Axe:



And a surprise find close by - metalwork on The Leadenhall Building.




7. Something that Displays a Rule
In a seating area at the Conservatory:



8. A Leaf Longer than Your Hand
This one was huge, spanning the width of the walkway in the Conservatory:



14. Something with Wheels
I was going for either a black cab or a London bus; the taxi came past first:



20. Something with the number 7 in it
The facade of Princes Court, at 7 Princes Road:



Alt A. An Animal Statue
Two options for this one: a horse by the Bank of England



or a pair of dolphins at the Barbican Centre:




Alt C. Something with Four Sides
The Cornhill Fountain, erected in 1911 to replace one from 1859:



Most of these finds are repeats of items I ticked off in June, but I'm happier with the quality and variety of the photos this time. For example, my four-sided fountain is much more likely to make it to my final selection than the litter bin from last month. Only a couple are genuine new finds so I'm ending the month on 10/20 with 2/3 for the alternatives. Not too bad since we're half-way through, but it's only going to get harder from now on.


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful finds Amanda. I like the triangles in metal. I hear you about the reluctance to travel on the subway/underground/the tube.

    ReplyDelete