Wednesday 19 August 2020

May All Your Wishes Come True

Earlier this year, I made a series of pages that finished off my 2005 album. I flipped through it several times in the process and, although there were a few dated pages in there and a few that I would have made differently now, I decided to leave them all alone. Starting to re-do older pages is a slippery slope that I don't want to start down. However, weeks later my mind was still being drawn back to one particular page which has so many elements that I really don't like any more (right) and I decided to pull it apart.

I cut the photo away with some of the pink paper as a mat, and I preserved as much of the pink woodgrain background (which I do still like) as possible. My new page is a scraplift of one that Shimelle made from her 'Delicate Explosion' sketch in her recent class Start with a Sketch.

The pink woodgrain reappears on the new page which I made mostly from Amy Tangerine papers which share the same pink. I've used this collection a few times recently and I'm pleased with how versatile it is and the different looks you can get by pulling out different sub-groups of colours and patterns. 


Supplies
Paper - American Crafts/Amy Tangerine Shine On, Pebbles Fresh Goods
Letters - Heidi Swapp
Chipboard - American Crafts/Amy Tangerine
Puffy Hearts - American Crafts/Amy Tangerine
Glitter Tape - Unknown
Ink - Hobbycraft
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Big Shot
Spellbinders Circle Die
Dovecraft Label Die

No comments:

Post a Comment