Monday 31 August 2020

On the Beach

Vintage photos today, sharing a page I made for the recent GoGoGetaway cybercrop on Facebook. Jo's challenge was to be inspired by the shape of a beach hut. 

As luck would have it, I have a beach hut die set so I went for a simple, literal interpretation of the prompt. I cut a row of beach huts from pastel-coloured cardstock, and smooshed ink onto my white background to represent the sand, before deciding to cut it down a smidge and mat the page to add more colour. I cut the pennants from the same colours of cardstock, added a strip of camera washi tape to them and fussy-cut a few shells to scatter on my sand. 

Once my title was in place I added a heart from the same sticker sheet to the page and then felt that that looked a bit random, which I hopefully solved by adding even more hearts - 10 of them in five pairs, which killed off the pack.


Supplies
Cardstock - Papermania, Bazzill
Paper - American Crafts/Amy Tangerine Shine On, Scrapberry's Summer Joy
Letters - Doodlebug
Washi Tape - American Crafts/Shimelle Sparkle City
Puffy Hearts - Studio Calico
Ink - Memento
Mist - Tattered Angel

Tools

Big Shot & X-Cut Beach Hut Dies

No comments:

Post a Comment