Sunday 4 October 2020

Barbican Conservatory

I didn't know that there was a Conservatory at the Barbican Centre in London until I read about it reopening after Lockdown. I had a meeting nearby a few weeks later and so booked a visit for earlier the same day.

I originally printed nine photos for a double page, but when I came to make it I decided that they were too similar, dropped three and went for quite a photo-heavy single page instead. My photos are mostly green so I picked the complementary colour of pink for my papers, splitting the background one-third/two-thirds with a branding strip between the two patterns. 


One I had arranged my photos (popping the two smallest up on foam dots) there seemed to be four places for embellishment clusters; I repeated a small piece of the floral paper over to the right and tucked in four die-cut labels and strips of pink glitter tape to start my clusters off. I came across a butterfly in rose gold which fitted neatly on the right and then I added pieces of clear floral stickers also in rose gold to each place. The one on the left got a flair badge and the one at the bottom a flower sticker. All four got a twist of thread and a trio of enamel dots to finish off.

Supplies
Paper - OneCanoeTwo Saturday Afternoon, Simple Stories Simple Vintage Botanical
Letters - Kaisercraft
Butterfly - Studio Calico
Stickers - Paige Evans, Pretty Little Studio
Flair - Dotty About Flair
Enamel Dots - Marianne Designs
Glitter Tape - The Works
Thread - DMC
Ink - Ranger, Memento

Tools
Big Shot & Dovecraft Label Die

No comments:

Post a Comment