Wednesday 14 October 2020

Explore - Close to Home

I won't be making the pages for my new 'Explore' album in order, but I am starting at the beginning with my title page. I liked the printed cluster of bingo card, book papers, leaves and butterfly on one of the 6x8 papers of the Simple Vintage Great Escape paper, but the wording didn't work so I cut the design out and layered it over an alternative background.

I cut the word Explore on my Silhouette and completed the title with clear stickers from Studio Calico. I tucked a date label in under my paper cluster and added a strip of thin washi down the side. I'll repeat that washi on as many pages as possible as I work through the album pages.


I stamped the compass on the page and finished with a trio of stars.

Turning over, I added a map of our local Nature Park to the back of this page and then switched to the 4x6 pockets that I plan to use for the rest of this album. I wrote a small explanation of the lockdown restrictions and the places I explored in the top pocket (with a repeat of the compass stamp and washi tape) and printed a map of the local area for the bottom pocket. 


I read a blog article during lockdown where the author commented on the size of his 'lockdown box' and how it expanded as time went on. This lead to me marking the boundaries of my own box on the map. I stayed within that area for eleven weeks until restrictions began to be lifted in June.

Supplies
Paper - Simple Stories Simple Vintage Great Escape, The Works World Map Paper Pad, OneCanoeTwo Creekside
Letters - Studio Calico
Washi Tape - Little B
Ink - Memento, Ranger

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Scrapberry's Compass Stamp
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
Hobbycraft Small Star Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment