Tuesday 6 October 2020

Turtle-y Cool

I'm back on my daughter's university album today, and grateful to her for the photos as I have very little to scrap for this year. This photo just has the caption 'Turtle' but I think the street art is on the back of one of the pubs or clubs in Brighton.

I started this page a couple of weeks ago, when I cut a couple of turtles on my Silhouette and backed them with white cardstock that I'd coloured with a mixture of inks. I got stuck then, couldn't work out how to finish the page and put everything to one side. 

At the beginning of the month, Rochelle Spears published her October sketch and it got me going again. My photo was 4x4 so I looked at my 6x6 pads to make the row of paper strips across the page, finding a gorgeous ombre paper and deciding to use just the one pattern instead of a variety. I then picked a couple of colours of blue ink and used the packaging technique on a white cardstock background for a diagonal line of colour. I placed my paper strips lower on the page than in the sketch so that my larger turtle could sit on the top edge and reversed the direction of the sketch to suit the orientation of my turtles.

I decided on washi for the strip at the bottom but it felt disconnected there so I moved it up, and then added another strip at the top to balance it, picking colours that match the top and bottom of my ombre paper. 


I combined this challenge with a tic-tac-toe from Scrap with Stacy and used five items from her grid - gold, enamel dots, word stickers, one photo and ink/paint - which complete the top row or the right column.

Rochelle and Stacy join forces every month so you can have three chances to win with just one page - Rochelle's challenge, Stacy's challenge or the two combined as I have done here.

Supplies
Cardstock - Craft UK
Paper - Making Memories??
Letters - American Crafts, Tim Holtz
Washi Tape - Unknown
Rain Dots - Cloud 9 Design
Ink - Ranger, Memento
Mist - Docrafts, Cosmic Shimmer

Tools
Silhouette Portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment