Monday 12 October 2020

Explore - A New Project

2020 has been a strange year, with holidays and events cancelled all the way. My annual scrapbook will be thinner than usual as a result but a lockdown didn't stop me taking photos. When we could only take daily walks in our local area, I explored many places that I would normally walk straight through or round the edge and I took photos everywhere I went. However I don't want my 2020 album to be dominated by this, so I am going to make a separate smaller album.

I've chosen a green Simple Stories Flipbook in the 6x8 size which I'll use with the sticker sheet and 6x8 pad from Simple Stories' Simple Vintage Great Escape collection.


Apart from my title page, I'm going to stick to the divided pages with two 4x6 pockets on each, and fill a good many of them with 4x6 photos, but I'll still need more paper than just the one pad. I picked up a couple of others in The Range and The Works and added in the remnants of my Creekside 6x6 pad and stickers, plus a sheet of Studio Calico star stickers which are sufficient in number to spread across the whole album.


I'm going to keep the pages as flat as possible so no gems, enamel dots or chipboard. I will make use of my stamps and dies for icons and shapes that can be repeated without fear of running out. I'm sure I'll add other stickers and papers as I go along, and once I've used something I'll add the remainder to my kit so that I can repeat it.



1 comment:

  1. Cannot wait to see this project ... I really like this paper collection from Simple Stories.

    ReplyDelete