Thursday 19 November 2020

Abbotsbury

We stayed in the village of Abbotsbury for our short break last month, and I took plenty of photos of the buildings there, including the remains of the Abbey. 

I had planned to make another version of my Talk to the Animals page from a few years ago, but I didn't check my previous photo sizes before I sent these for printing and that backfired.

This time I had six 3x4 photos which were going to take up about half of a 12x12 page so I had to adjust my original design. I cut one photo down to a square and arranged them in a rough overlapping grid. My strips of patterned paper are in similar places to those on the original page but with larger photos everything got pushed down the page, including my title. I considered squeezing my journalling in at the bottom, but then I was inspired to add it to the top paper instead, writing on the lines between the scallops as I did on my castles page a couple of days ago.


I based my embellishments around yellow circles for a 'Be Colourful' challenge from For the Love of Pretty Paper, stamped with a leaf pattern.

Supplies
Cardstock - American Crafts
Paper - American Crafts/Amy Tangerine Late Afternoon*
Letters - American Crafts*, October Afternoon
Chipboard Stars - Studio Calico
Word Stickers - Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes
Washi Tape - Little B
Enamel Dots - Trimcraft, Stampin' Up!
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Big Shot
Spellbinders Circle Die
Dovecraft Label Die

*Disclosure - I received the paper pad and Thickers free of charge from The Mad Scrapper as part of my Design Team role.

No comments:

Post a Comment