Sunday 29 November 2020

The Ancestor

This is my second page from our journey down to Dorset last month, when we stopped near Amesbury to visit The Ancestor, a sculpture which was mentioned on a documentary I watched about the A303.

I took a few photos in both landscape and portrait but cropping them to square seemed best and I ordered one at 4x4. When it arrived, the sculpture was only a couple of inches tall within the picture and you couldn't see his features so I re-printed at 8x8 which also matched a challenge from UK Scrap Addicts to use a larger photo than normal. 


I matted the photo on a purple paper which picked up some of the tones in the metalwork. It was one I hadn't used on any of my Dorset pages yet, but it opened up the use of one of the florals from the cut-apart sheet which was printed on the same colour background.

Supplies
Paper - American Crafts/Amy Tangerine Late Afternoon*
Letters - Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes
Word Sticker - Tim Holtz
Washi Tape - Little B
Enamel Shapes - Prima Darcelle Sugar Dots*
Dots - Nuvo Drops
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Big Shot & Dovecraft Label Die

* Disclosure - I received the paper pad and sugar dots free of charge from The Mad Scrapper as part of my DT role.

No comments:

Post a Comment