Friday 13 November 2020

My Baby Sister

I'm interrupting my holiday scrapping to share a page which I started for the GoGoGetaway Cybercrop at the end of October but completed a week later. One of the challenges was to include moon, stars and clouds on a page, and Marie at Peartree Cutfiles gave us the perfect cut-file for the occasion. 

The cut-file shouted 'sleeping baby' to me (and several other people) and I went all the way back to 1973 for this photo of my sister as a baby (though she's not sleeping).

I backed the moon with yellow glitter paper, the clouds with pink patterns and the stars with cream cardstock. I trimmed away a few of the stars so that I could nestle my photo in among the remainder.


I fussed around with my background for ages, as I was trying to include pink floral paper for a Be Colourful challenge from For the Love of Pretty Paper. I was originally planning to use it as a background, but the colour was overwhelming so I switched to torn strips at the top and bottom of a sheet of white cardstock. The cut-file got a bit lost against the white though, so I added distress inks to the area behind it for a little contrast.

Supplies
Cardstock - UK Crafts, Bazzill
Paper -Heidi Swapp Hello Today, Docrafts Spring Chic
Letters - Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes
Puffy Stars - Pinkfresh Studio
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Silhouette Portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment