Thursday 26 November 2020

Chesil Beach

A Bit of a Do
I have a lot of Dorset pages to make with two 4x6 photos apiece, and it can get difficult to come up with new ways to arrange two photos on a 12x12 page.

When I was looking through some old Christmas pages recently, I was drawn to the angles on 'A Bit of a Do' so I decided to scraplift it for a page from Chesil Beach. I kept the basis of the page the same with a strongly patterned background layered with white cardstock to provide a 'breathing space' around the photos.

I'm working with Amy Tangerine's Late Afternoon collection for these pages and chose orange scallops for my background to satisfy a 'Be Colourful' challenge at For the Love of Pretty Paper.

There's no green in my papers this time, but I still used the green letters from the collection as I feel there's enough green in the photos for them to work. 


I moved my main embellishment cluster up compared to the original page, filling the empty space below the title and basing it around the yellow flower and green leaf from the die-cut pack with a punched orange flower. The other two clusters kept the same positions as before, but the journalling moved from the bottom to the top, where I wrote in the spaces between the scallops as I have done on a couple of previous pages.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill Dotted Swiss
Paper - American Crafts/Amy Tangerine Late Afternoon*
Letters - American Crafts*
Die-Cuts - American Crafts/Amy Tangerine*
Washi Tape - Little B, Efco
Enamel Dots - Eyelet Outlet, Carta Bella, Prima Darcelle Sugar Dots*
Dots - Nuvo Drops
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circle Template
Big Shot & Spellbinder Circle Dies
Woodware Flower Punch
Poppystamps Leafy Sprig Die


* Disclosure - I received the paper pad, Thickers, die-cuts and sugar dots free of charge from The Mad Scrapper as part of my DT role.

No comments:

Post a Comment