Wednesday 11 November 2020

St Catherine's Chapel

I'm combining challenges again today, using a sketch from Scrap Academy with the colour yellow for 'Be Colourful' at For the Love of Pretty Paper

The photos on the sketch looked more like 3x4 to me than the 3x2 indicated and I thought that I has a set printed at that size. It turned out that mine are even larger but I managed to make them work.

I overlapped my photos, popping the middle one up on a piece of foam. They are three views of the same place, St Catherine's Chapel in Dorset, an outpost of Abbotsbury Abbey.


I used a flair badge for the camera on the sketch, with a patterned paper circle behind it to add some weight. My title gave me some difficulty - it was too long to run horizontally and the uneven photo stack wasn't suited to running it vertically. I was rather pleased with myself when it occurred to me to run it round the camera circle. This left a spot at the end of the words where the blue flower die-cut slotted perfectly, as if made for the space.

Supplies
Cardstock - American Crafts
Paper - American Crafts/Amy Tangerine Late Afternoon*
Letters - Anita's Glitterations
Die-Cuts - American Crafts/Amy Tangerine
Flair - Dotty About Flair
Butterflies - Prima Sugar Dots*
Washi Tape - LittLe B
Dots - Nuvo Grops
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Big Shot & Dovecraft Label Die
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circles Template

*Disclosure - I received the paper pad, die-cut pack and sugar dots free of charge from The Mad Scrapper as part of my Design Team role.

No comments:

Post a Comment