Tuesday 17 November 2020

I Do Love a Castle

Back to my Dorset pages now, and a couple of semi-random photos from Sunday afternoon. We saw both Lulworth Castle and Corfe Castle from a distance, but didn't properly visit either of them. However, as the title says, I do love a castle so I wanted them in the scrapbook, and decided to include them both on the same page.

I went with a quadrants design in order to show off the papers from Amy Tangerine's Late Afternoon collection, and distressed the outer edges of each square. I matted the photos together and tucked a few paper strips into their left edge along with a label, a die-cut leaf and an enamel heart. To the right of the photos, I punched a strip of woodgrain paper and layered it over the join between my papers to anchor a larger cluster of embellishments which includes a large floral motif cut from a 12x12 sheet. 


I nestled my title in close against the line of embellishments, and it leads directly into my journalling on the lines between the scallops of the paper below. 


Supplies
Cardstock - Stampin' Up!
Paper - American Crafts/Amy Tangerine Late Afternoon*
Letters - American Crafts*, October Afternoon
Die-Cuts - American Crafts/Amy Tangerine*
Stickers - American Crafts/Paige Evans, Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes
Enamel Hearts - Prima Darcelle Sugar Dots
Flair - Dotty About Flair
Dots - Nuvo Drops
Ink - Ranger

Tools
American Crafts Scallop Border Punch

*Disclosure - I received the paper pad, Thickers, die-cuts and enamel hearts free of charge from The Mad Scrapper as part of my design team role.

No comments:

Post a Comment