Thursday 4 April 2019

American Family

Another old-photo page today, but the picture is not as old as on the last one, being from 2000 rather than 1984. I cut and backed this cut-file some months ago and picked out the background to go with it but the file got lost against the background, I couldn't find a suitable photo and I abandoned the page.

It was a scraplift challenge in a group on Facebook that made me dig the page out again, although when I looked at it afresh the file actually wasn't very much like the page that we were asked to scraplift. Having picked it up though, I decided to use it rather than put it away again. I had the camera print paper in my scraps box, and that strong colour added the contrast that I needed between file and background.

I looked for a small photo that would fit against the file and unearthed one of my cousin and her family that was the right size and luckily matched the papers I'd used. I'd killed off a 6x6 pad when I backed the file, so I had to search deep in the scraps box for some complementary papers to layer behind the photo.



Supplies
Cardstock - Papermania
Paper - Sandylion Dots, American Crafts Amy Tangerine, My Mind's Eye
Letters - Creative Devotion
Enamel Stars - Marianne Designs
Ink - Hobbycraft
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Silhouette Portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment