Wednesday 24 April 2019

Gloria & Lavra

The Elevador da Gloria and the Elevador do Lavra are two of Lisbon's nineteenth century funicular railways, part of their public transport system and great fun to ride. I've already made a page for the third funicular, the Ascensor da Bica (Ups & Downs) and I wanted to include both of these too, but without them taking over, so I combined them on one page rather than give them one each.

My Inspiration
I printed four photos at 3x4 and looked for a design that wouldn't put them all in a block. With no current sketches jumping out at me, I decided to scraplift one of my own pages, but to add a circle of stitching in order to echo that on the Meet the Fleet page earlier in my album. I haven't stitched much since making that page, and I really need to repeat it a few times so that page doesn't stand out as an oddity.

The stitching also ties in with a recent cybercrop challenge at Lottie Loves Paper.


Supplies
Cardstock - DCWV
Paper - Pink Paislee/Paige Evans Take Me Away, My Mind's Eye Hello World
Letters - Tim Holtz
Frames & Stars - Studio Calico
Enamel Dots - Echo Park, Doodlebug, Eyelet Outlet
Ink - Memento
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Heidi Swapp Stencil
American Crafts/Shimelle Word Stamp
Big Shot
Little B Arrow Die
X-Cut Camera Die
Dovecraft Star Die
X-Cut Tag Die

No comments:

Post a Comment