Thursday 26 March 2020

123456789

The admin team at For the Love of Pretty Paper love to launch a surprise challenge on us. Following five challenges based on the letters S-C-R-A-P with our choice of four stash items plus a compulsory colour each time, they set us an extra challenge to use all 20 stash items plus our choice of the five colours. I do love a list to work through, so set out to bash all the items and ALL the colours (and I wasn't the only one).

Our full list was stickers, scraps, sequins, scallops, sapphire, chipboard, clips, cork, crosses, charcoal, ribbons, rub-ons, rik-rak, rectangles, red, acetate, acrylic, arrows, adventure, amber, puffy, punches, plaid, portrait and purple.

I started with a portrait photo of me aged five, and a number cut-file which I cut in charcoal cardstock and backed with a rainbow of papers which included all the other colours. I placed those to the left of my page and added a line of rectangular scraps of the same papers to the right hand side, with a punched scalloped border.



I backed my photo with more rectangles (including a strip of plaid print which I added to the right side too), clustered a few of the list of embellishment items around it and scattered others (like the puffy hearts and sequins) around the page. The hardest thing to include was 'adventure' which I eventually managed as part of a series of word stickers - 'life is an adventure - live it'. 

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - Crate Paper Wonder, K&Co Daydreams, K&Co Cut 'n' Paste, Crate Paper Random
Vellum - Papermania
Word Stickers- Tim Holtz
Sequins & Paperclip - From Advent Swap
Chipboard Stars - Studio Calico
Cork Heart - Freckled Fawn
Ribbon & Rik-rak - from Stash
Rub-Ons - DCWV
Acetate Label - Studio Calico
Acrylic Paint - Golden
Puffy Stickers - Jillibean Soup

Tools
Silhouette Portrait & Background Check Cutfile from The Cut Shoppe
American Crafts Scallop Border Punch
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
Big Shot & Little B Arrow Die

No comments:

Post a Comment