Monday 16 March 2020

Dreamland

I will get back to my Far East album, but I am easily diverted by a good cybercrop; this time it was one from For the Love of Pretty Paper with challenges themed around the letters S-C-R-A-P.

I did 'S' for the last page I shared, so now it's 'C' - our choice of chipboard, clips, cork and crosses plus compulsory charcoal. I don't have many photos printed right now, so I flipped through an old photo album and found a quartet from my schooldays, an end-of-term trip to Dreamland, an amusement park in Margate.

I'd previously tried to scrap these photos, and had cropped them down to 4" x 3.5" before getting frustrated and abandoning them. This time I worked from a sketch, published in January by The ScrapRoom, and was more successful.

I needed soft vintage papers to match the colour tones in my photographs and started from the star print paper which I mounted on a charcoal stripe. The red spotty paper came from my scraps box but wasn't really wide enough for the banner, so I added a second one (and dropped the circle). 



I matted the photos on four colours of cardstock, tucked in extra strips around the edges and cut the title on my Silhouette from the same four colours with a charcoal offset. I pulled in crosses, chipboard stars and a cork-patterned heart in my scattering of embellishments and finished with a couple of phrase stickers.

Supplies
Cardstock - Papermania, DCWV, Stampin' Up!
Paper - Echo Park We Are Family, We R Memory Keepers Shine, Pebbles Fresh Goods, Echo Park Dots & Stripes
Letters - Bo Bunny Et Cetera
Chipboard - Simple Stories 24/Seven
Stickers - One CanoeTwo #Stickerbook
Ink - Hobbycraft

Tools
Silhouette Portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment