Friday 6 March 2020

Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple

'Little India' Page
This is the second of two new pages that I am making to replace 'Little India' in my Far East album, since I decided to split out the street scene photos from the temple photos, which are of the Hindu Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple.

I reprinted the main temple photo at 4x6 and picked an alternative photo of the carvings so that I would be working with two portrait photos rather than a mixed pair. My page design is a scraplift from Shimelle Laine, specifically the first page from her Inspired By... workshop.

I wanted to keep the pink and blue colour scheme from the original page as it worked well with the temple carvings; I wasn't able to salvage the whole of my original background but I do have part of that paper in my layers and I found others from the same collection that had some of the same hues. I also picked out the brown from the trees on my new background for use as both an extra layer and my title letters; I cut these on the Silhouette as I had no hope of finding an alphabet in the right size with enough e's and a's for the temple name.



Supplies
Cardstock - Bo Bunny Double Dot, Unknown Brown
Paper - DCWV Far East Stack, KaiserCraft A Touch of Gold, Echo Park This & That
Glitter Tape - Hobbycraft?
Gems - TPC Studio
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
Big Shot & Dovecraft Star Die
Silhouette Portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment