Friday 20 March 2020

La'al Ratty

'La'al Ratty' is old Cumbrian for 'Little Railway' and is the nickname of the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway which we visited in 2018. I printed this set of photos for NSD that year but they didn't fit any challenges and have sat in my to-scrap pile ever since waiting for inspiration to strike.

I'm working my way through a set of challenges from a mini-cybercrop at For the Love of Pretty Paper which were based on the letters S-C-R-A-P, and I've reached A now. For this one we were asked to use our choice of acetate, acrylic, arrows and adventure, plus the colour amber. With very few printed photos at hand I picked up this set and worked with amber and arrows.

I'd originally printed these photos in an assortment of sizes and they take up a lot of the page space so it seemed best to set them in a block and then fill in the gaps with patterned paper. I chose blue for a good contrast with orange (amber) and pulled in the arrows via scraps of patterned paper left over from a recent page which were still on my desk.




Supplies
Paper - We R Memory Keepers Good Day Sunshine, Heidi Swapp No Limits, Echo Park The Story of Fall, Simple Stories Good Day Sunshine
Letters - Doodlebug
Word Sticker - My Mind's Eye
Ticket - Tim Holtz Idea-Ology
Star Gems - Hobbycraft
Staples - Creating Keepsakes
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Silhouette Portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment