Tuesday 24 March 2020

Next Steps

I'm moving on to the fifth challenge from a recent cybercrop at For the Love of Pretty Paper; they were themed around the letters S-C-R-A-P, so this is the 'P' challenge for which we were asked to used our choice of puffy, punches, plaid and portrait plus the colour purple. Purple and portrait took me back to my school days as my secondary school had a purple uniform. 

I don't have many purple papers but I found a background paper, some cardstock and a scrap of gingham paper. I didn't want to go monochrome so 'auditioned' a few other colours before settling on some aqua papers. The purple papers were all very plain so I used a cut-file and backed it with the cardstock (using a punch on the left edge to include that for the challenge). I alternated purple and aqua papers behind my photo (all scraps at the size they were) and added strips of glitter taper top and bottom. After adding my title, I used the asterisks from the same pack of Thickers to fill some of the circles in the cut-file, and flat stickers to add my form to another.



Supplies
Cardstock - DCWV 
Paper - DCWV Romantic Life, American Crafts/Amy Tangerine Oh Happy Life, American Crafts/Amy Tangerine Plus One, KaiserCraft My Year My Story
Letters - American Crafts, Elle's Studio
Word Stickers - My Mind's Eye
Gems & Glitter Tape - from Advent Swap
Ink - Memento

Tools

Silhouette Portrait & Background Check Cutfile from The Cut Shoppe
American Crafts Notebook Punch
X-Cut Circle Punches
Craft Creatives Flower Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment