Monday 30 March 2020

Winter Photography Scavenger Hunt

We're almost at the end of the month now and the Winter Photography Scavenger Hunt should have been ending tomorrow, but it's been extended by a month due to the crisis unfolding around us. 

Back in December Eileen at A Bracelet of Days set us a list of 20 items to find and photograph plus 2 alternatives if any of the 20 proved impossible. When she announced the extension, she also added a few more alternatives that are easy to take at home so no-one need put their health at risk. 

I was on 13 at the end of last month and another stretch of Capital Ring gave me a few more duplicates before the new restrictions were put in place. I then let it all slide for a bit before returning to the hunt in the days running up to the end of the month. A couple of these do relate to the current crisis but I hope no-one is upset or offended by them.

3. The Way to Go
Atypical signage on the Capital Ring.


5. A Garden Gate
An impressive front gate in Harrow on the Hill.



6. Vintage 
A Citroën catering van from 1974, spotted on the outskirts of Harrow on the Hill.



7. I Stood Here
Standing on a firm patch in a sea of mud that should be a path (note the tide marks on my trainers).



9. Solitary
Preparing the spare bedroom for us to separate if (when?) one of us gets sick.



10. The Little Things
We used to take these things for granted...



11. Industrial
A Proctor & Gamble factory (which is within walking distance of my home).


12. Time for Tea
The tea-tray in a hotel where I stayed at the beginning of the month.



16. A Barrier
Discouraging cyclists in the underpass at South Kenton tube station.



17. A Line
A line of street art on our flood defences.


19. An Alley
More footpath than alley, but the best I can do at the moment.


20. Monochrome
One of the better murals from 17.


C. The View from my Front Door
The view from the end of my drive - the road is quiet, the school next door has 16 pupils left and the bus now runs only seven times a day.


E. I am Reading
A kindle freebie that I downloaded for my holiday last year but didn't read then. 


So, one month left to go and I am now on 17 of the original 20 plus a couple of the new alternatives. I still have 11 o'clock, a keyhole and letters to get from the original list and they are all do-able with a bit of care.

If you fancy a new activity while on your daily permitted exercise, please feel free to join us for the final month of the hunt.



3 comments:

  1. Wonderful finds Amanda. I really like your garden gate & solitary is a very appropriate one for the times we are living in. I really hope that you will not need other than maybe if someone is snoring too loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great finds! I especially like your gate and the view from your front door. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have some great finds this time. I love the vintage catering van and the monochrome ones.

    ReplyDelete