Saturday 28 March 2020

Singapore Flyer

After a detour through the decades for the recent cybercrop challenges, I'm returning to my Far East album today. Last month, when I first returned to this old, stalled album, I divided the pages into four categories - leave, tweak, re-work and replace, and today's page is of the 'replace' variety. I had already scrapped our ride on the Singapore Flyer, but I'd done so on two mis-matched single pages that made me cringe every time I looked at them, so they had to go.

I made and blogged the old left-hand page back in 2011 (right) and it's not too bad in itself; if it was just a single page then I would probably add something to (or replace) the odd trio of punched circles by the journalling and call it done. However, I originally made another page on a blue background with views of the city taken from the Singapore Flyer, the two don't work together at all, and I decided to replace them with a proper double rather than try to make a new single page to complement this one better.

I like both the semi-circle on the above page, and the background paper that I'd previously used; luckily I was able to salvage enough of the old background paper to re-purpose it for a new semi-circle. I had some memorabilia that I wanted to include on this page, our tickets are tucked behind the top photo and I made a pocket for our 'Flight Guide' from the pink Chinese character paper.





Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - DCWV Far East Stack, K&Co Hannah
Ribbon - DCWV
Washi Tape - October Afternoon
Glitter Tape - Hobbycraft?
Word Stickers - Tim Holtz
Brads - 7Gypsies
Raindrops - Cloud 9 Design

Tools
Fiskars Apron Lace Border Punch
Big Shot & Spellbinders Circle Die
Woodware Postage Stamp Punch
Silhouette Portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment