Thursday 18 June 2020

On-Nomi

Firstly, that title might need some explanation; it's a Japanese word that I first saw back in March (on a Facebook post from the TV programme QI) which translates to English as "online drinking" and captures the idea of enjoying a drink at home while chatting with your friends via video-conferencing apps.

It's something that I've been doing regularly and wanted to capture in my scrapbook as it's so different from the 'old normal' when I used to meet with these ladies in person every week. I played with various ideas for this page, which I wanted to combine with a sticker challenge from For the Love of Pretty Paper as I had some coffee cup and teacup stickers lurking in my stash. I finally decided on a tight grid, with an assortment of stickers on the boxes in between our faces.



Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - Pink Paislee/Paige Evans Turn the Page
Letters - American Crafts
Stickers - Paige Evans #Stickerbook
Washi Tape - Pink Paislee/Paige Evans
Enamel Dots - Marianne Designs
Ink - Memento

Tools
Lakeland Speckled Background Stamp
Studio Calico Stars Stamp

1 comment:

  1. I like this page. It is good to record & remember ways we handled the lock down. Very pretty papers & I like that you have used a different expression to mean the same thing ... it sounds so much better than online drinking (lol).

    ReplyDelete