Saturday 20 June 2020

'Star Trek Insignia' Birthday Card

This card might look a tad familiar if you are a follower of my blog or a visitor from Stick It Down as it's the second card that I've made from their June card sketch.

The last one featured the Deathly Hallows for a Harry Potter fan, and this time I've gone for the Starfleet Insignia as the recipient is a Star Trek fan. I cut three layers of the insignia on my Silhouette and stacked them up; the top layer has two colours and the others are plain black behind it.



My background paper has a riveted pattern, so adding gems in the corners as per the sketch didn't look right; instead I tried placing them over some of the rivet markings, and found that I needed to add a couple more before I was happy with the way they looked.


3 comments:

  1. What a great card. I love that you crafted the card for a Star Trek fan. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down.
    Mandi, card DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH this is AWESOME...live long and prosper. :) I Love everything about it--your paper choices, and emblem are perfect. Thank you for joining us at Stick it Down--Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete