Tuesday 16 June 2020

Our Heroes

"Our Heroes" is a poem by Matt Kelly about the bravery of our NHS staff in the battle against the coronavirus. When I first read it back in April I knew that I wanted to include it in my scrapbook as part of the story of 2020, but I waited for NSD as I was pretty sure that a rainbow challenge would come up, and that was the perfect motif to accompany the poem.

Sure enough For the Love of Pretty Paper set us a rainbow theme challenge, which I tried to combine with this sketch from Hey Little Magpie.

I printed the poem to take the place of the journalling on the sketch, intending to use blocks of patterned paper in place of the photos. However I couldn't make them work so switched to vertical strips of paper, then punched strips, and eventually I rotated them to run horizontally instead and then the page came together. 



My page doesn't look very much like the original sketch after all that, but hopefully you can still see its origins.

Supplies
Paper - Junkitz, K&Company, Crate Paper, Sandylion, Bo Bunny
Letters - Simply Creative
Phrase Stickers - Tim Holtz
Flair - Imagine That
Star Gems - Simply Creative
Ink - Memento
Mist - Mister Huey's

Tools
Sewing Machine
American Crafts Notebook Border Punch
Fiskars Apron Lace Border Punch
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch

1 comment:

  1. It is a perfect page & great use of the rainbow paper. I got a stamp in my monthly stamp club that is a rainbow so I am attempting to make rainbow paper.

    ReplyDelete