Tuesday 28 July 2020

Anyone for Cricket?

I'm continuing with the second sketch from the Lottie Loves Paper Summer Sketch Challenge today, and I'm scrapping old photos again, back to 1983 this time for a picture of my brother in the park.

The photo's quite plain but it was taken in August so I looked for summer-themed papers, and turned up the remnants of an old collection from Simple Stories. I only had one 12x12 sheet left so that became my background and I used a 6" wide white woodgrain scrap over it to tone down the pattern and provide a place for all the paper layers to sit. That part is pretty true to the sketch with two tags and some other papers behind the photo, cut from scraps and cut-apart sheets. I've killed off the collection now with a few tiny pieces going in the recycling.


Supplies
Paper - Simple Stories I {Heart} Summer
Letters - Studio Calico, Heidi Swapp
Enamel Dots - Echo Park, Simple Stories
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Mister Huey's, Docrafts

Tools
Hobbycraft Heart Punch
X-Cut Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment