Monday 6 July 2020

Hello Summer

Laura's Sketch
I made this page for the final NSD challenge at For the Love of Pretty Paper, and it was a jumbo challenge - a sketch by the fabulous Laura Rumble with bonus points for including items from a list of 18 stash pieces, colours and techniques. Of course, if you give me a list like that then I set out to bust them all.

The full list was: ink splatters; flair; gold; twine; camera icon; kraft; sewing; teal; 3x4 photo; sequins; handwritten journalling; scraps; wood veneer; Project Life cards; tags; puffy stickers; washi tape; something from your random junk bowl. That bowl was something we were asked to start at the beginning of the weekend, a place to put the leftovers and reject pieces from one page ready to incorporate them on a later page.

I stuck with my childhood for these beach photos (I'm the one with dark hair) and pulled out some scraps and coordinating Project Life cards. Starting with the background, I laid down some stripes of ink directly from my ink pads, and then added some lines of machine-stitching. I found the large tag in my scraps and decided to use it as my title, with its size and orientation dictating that it went in the previously empty space at the top right. Having established that I didn't have to keep the Project Life cards whole, I cut and punched various pieces from them and more scraps to include in my embellishment clusters, while taking care to include all the other items from the list. Can you spot them all?



(My 'random junk' was the pink puffy camera, the twin of one on this page. I'd already stamped tiny cameras on the background to fulfil that element of the challenge.) 

Supplies
Cardstock - DCWV
Paper - Crate Paper Craft Market, Crate Paper The Pier
PL Cards - Summer Mini Kit
Wood Veneer - Advent Swap, Studio Calico
Puffy Stickers - Pinkfresh Studio, MRI, American Crafts/Shimelle
Word Stickers - Pretty Little Studio
Flair - Imagine That
Sequins - Pretty Little Studio
Washi Tape - Ebay, Pretty My Page
Ink - Ranger. Hobbycraft
Mist - Docrafts

Tools

Sewing Machine
Woodware Tag Punch
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
Big Shor
Dovecraft Tag Die
Studio Calico Pinked Circle Die
X-Cut Bunting Die
Studio Calico Camera Stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment