Thursday 2 July 2020

Christening Day

I'm going back to my childhood for this page; I'm the baby being christened here. I had scans of two photos from the day and they are both quite small (as were the 1970s originals).

A two-photo page meant that I had another go at Hey Little Magpie's NSD recipe challenge (having failed at an earlier attempt when I couldn't make all of the elements work). This called for sewing, fussy-cutting, something shiny and twine or ribbon to go with the two photos.

Original Page
I spotted scraplift challenge #18 from Scrap Squad and made this the basis for my design. The original appears to be a DT page for The Digital Press but I haven't been able to find the original creator.

I chose a soft pastel floral for my triangle but didn't have many other papers that matched it so used Project Life cards for my photo mat and arranged the recipe pieces around them. I added the extra smaller triangle in the opposite corner for a challenge from For the Love of Pretty Paper to use at least two triangles on a page. 


Supplies
Cardstock - Stampin' Up!
Paper - Docrafts Spring Chic
Cards - Project Life
Doily - Dovecraft
Family Charm - American Traditional Designs
Washi Tape - Efco
Flowers - Unknown
Pearls - Scrapberry's
Gems - TPC Studio
Ink - Memento
Mist - Tattered Angels

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Sewing Machine
Big Shot
Dovecraft Tag Die
X-Cut Bunting Die
Dovecraft Butterfly Stamp
Woodware Flower Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment