Wednesday 8 July 2020

My Little Brother

Maria's Page
One of the NSD challenges at For the Love of Pretty Paper was to scraplift another member's favourite page. There were some gorgeous pages to choose from, but this one from Maria Kennedy struck me immediately.

I replicated her circle by manipulating the Very Squarey cut-file which I backed with Bo Bunny papers. I only had four patterns but I found that I could use the large spots behind the small squares which gave me plenty of colours to play with.

I think that the coloured corners of Maria's page are pre-printed on her background but I had nothing similar. I picked a paper with a distressed finish and added ink to it by both stamping direct from the ink pads and dragging the pads over the paper. I then stencilled stars and stamped polka dots and asterisks over the inky background.

I copied Maria's small word stickers to add 'my little brother' to one of the squares and ultimately decided that was sufficient to be my title. The photo's an old one so I have no memory of it being taken and no story to go with it.



Supplies
Cardstock - Stampin' Up
Paper - Bo Bunny Shabby Princess
PL Card - Boys Rule
Wood Veneer Stars - Studio Calico
Puffy Stars - Bella Boulevard
Washi Tape - Unknown
Ink - Ranger, Memento
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Very Squarey Cut-File - The Cut Shoppe
Amy Tangerine Stamp Set
Star Stencil

No comments:

Post a Comment