Friday 28 May 2021

How Cute

I've reached that point in my NSD scrapbooking where I pull old pre-printed photos from the albums to work with the challenges, rather than making pages I would have made anyway and tweaking them to fit.

The challenge in question is 'Pointillism' in the art-themed series from For the Love of Pretty Paper, which was to use primary colours and lots of small punched or die-cut shapes. I chose a single sheet of checkerboard paper for my primary colours, die-cut a pile of hexagons from the middle and used the edge squares to frame my page.


I matted a photo of my three younger cousins (taken in our grandparents' back garden) on pieces from my scraps box and arranged my hexagons on the page around it. My chipboard title is an Amy Tangerine piece which I didn't originally think I would actually use, and I added three flowers from the same set as part of my embellishments. They didn't photograph very well, but all three do have gold middles. The yellow glitter enamel dots were an online purchase and quite a difficult yellow to use, so the fact that they matched this yellow paper meant that I piled them on here, whereas my usual preference is for my trios of dots to be  three different colours.

Supplies
Paper - Daisy D's Playtime, Simple Stories Urban Traveller, American Crafts/Amy Tangerine Better Together
Chipboard - American Crafts/Amy Tangerine Shine On
Washi Tape - Ebay
Enamel Dots - Ebay
Ink - Memento
Paint - Golden

Tools
Big Shot & X-Cut Hexagon Die

No comments:

Post a Comment