Friday 7 May 2021

Just a Minute

This page is nothing to do with the radio programme of the same name; the title was inspired by the fact that these two photos of Brighton beach were taken just one minute apart but have very different looks. 



I'm combining challenges again, starting with a mood board from Hey Little Magpie. I'm not usually a fan of mood boards, but this one was easy with these photos on my 'to scrap' pile. I pulled the beach theme and woodgrain from this one, along with aqua and beige for the colour scheme. I even squeezed some butterflies onto my page.

I also took on the 'Minimalist' challenge from For the Love of Pretty Paper, using straight lines of washi, paper squares and stamping on my background. The use of squares led to a third challenge, one of the April sketches from Lottie Loves Paper

I rotated the sketch to suit landscape photos and used old woodgrain, beach and zig-zag papers for my squares.  Obviously my photos are much bigger than those in the sketch, but I have the main elements from it on my page. I've translated the stars into stamping, and moved them to be beside my photos.

There's no journalling at present as this is a page for my daughter's university album and she will do that, but I did add the time to each picture in tiny number stickers.

Supplies
Paper - OneCanoeTwo Hazelwood, DCWV Linen Closet, Sandylion Seashells, My Mind's Eye, Bo Bunny
Numbers - Creative Devotion
Ink - Ranger, Memento

Tools
Scrapberry's Compass Stamp
Studio Calico Stars Stamp
Heidi Swapp Inspire Stamp Set
Heidi Swapp Arrow Stamp
American Crafts/Amy Tangerine Stamp Set
Make & Create Stamp Set
Big Shot
Make & Create Alphabet Die Set

No comments:

Post a Comment