Monday 3 May 2021

1982

Saturday was National Scrapbooking Day but many places kicked off their celebrations on Friday evening. I have a pile of photos from 2017 and 2018 printed, but nothing that suited the first challenge I tackled.

All this year's challenges from For the Love of Pretty Paper are art-themed, and their warm-up was Photography, with a choice of scrapping a large photo, a small photo or a favourite photo. Sounds simple but I have nothing large printed (perhaps an oversight) and I've scrapped my favourites so it had to be small and I went back to my childhood with this old school photo of my siblings.


I mounted it within a frame to increase its size on the page and cut part of a bookshelf cut-file (a Paige Evans freebie from her Facebook group) to span the width of the page. I chose a multi-coloured paper to cover the bottom part of the page and backed the books of the cut-file in the individual colours. I didn't have much journalling for this one, just their names and ages and the school name on a couple of labels, which I layered over a stack of paper strips to echo the books above.

Supplies
Paper - My Mind's Eye Wild Asparagus, Simple Stories Awesome
Numbers - American Crafts/Amy Tangerine
Puffy Stars - Bella Boulevard
Enamel Dots - Echo Park
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Silhouette Portrait & Paige Evans Bookshelf Cut-file
American Crafts Notebook Border Punch
Big Shot & Dovecraft Label Die

No comments:

Post a Comment