Wednesday 5 May 2021

Network Festival

I find the sheer number of NSD events and challenges that are published these days to be overwhelming, so I stick with a couple of groups, For the Love of Pretty Paper and Hey Little Magpie, and combine their challenges whenever possible.

For the Love of Pretty Paper's 'Pop Art' challenge involved the use of bright, bold colours with repetition, and Hey Little Magpie asked for a mixed media background. The brightest photos I had printed were from my daughter's scout camp when they dressed as characters from Scooby Doo complete with cardboard Mystery Machine.

I made my background with blue ink and black stamping, and mounted it on a blue paper to give it a bright border. I matted my photos on identical papers for repetition and placed them above and below a central title. I added a diagonal line of small embellishments in my three colours to finish. There's no journalling yet as I want to check something with my daughter first, but I'll do that in black pen, either below the bottom photo or possibly around the edge of the page.

Supplies
Cardstock - UK Crafts
Paper - Sandylion Blue Stars, Unknown Scraps
Washi Tape - Unknown
Puffy Stickers - Elle's Studio, MAMBI, MRI
Enamel Dots - Echo Park
Ink - Ranger, Dr Ph. Martin

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
American Crafts/Shimelle Sparkle City Stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment