Tuesday 25 May 2021

I Spy Cake

I'm combining a multitude of elements in this page, driven by NSD challenges at the two sites I decided to follow this year. 

Firstly the 'Fauvism' challenge at For the Love of Pretty Paper asked us to use any two options from complementary colours, a single-coloured paper and a sketch by Lisa Sikorski, and I managed all three. 

Secondly, Hey Little Magpie set a tic-tac-toe challenge, and I chose the left column - one photo, a border punch and stitching.

My single photo is one my husband took of our son eyeing up the cakes after a family funeral. My colour scheme was largely driven by the strip of tea cup paper, which is a branding strip that I thought was too nice to throw away. I considered rotating the sketch to suit a portrait photo better, but that tea cup strip dictated that I kept to the original version.

Aqua sits opposite peach in the colour wheel and I had a 6x6 floral paper that combined the two colours; the rest are all single colour papers.


Supplies
Paper - American Crafts/Shimelle Head in the Clouds, Dovecraft Princess Fairytale, 
OneCanoeTwo Twilight, Make & Create Moments
Letters - Heidi Swapp, Simple Stories
Sticker - American Crafts Shimelle
Enamel Dots - Freckled Fawn, Eyelet Outlet
Thread - DMC
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Heidi Swapp

Tools
Fiskars Circle Template
American Crafts Scalloped Border Punch


No comments:

Post a Comment