Tuesday 11 May 2021

Sea Days / Ibiza 1985

I have loads of seaside photos from my childhood (we just took pictures on days out and holidays back then) but the colours in them tend to be washed out and they really don't look good with modern bright beach-themed paper collections. I've been looking for something to suit them and came across Rosie's Studio and their Salt & Sunsets collection whish was just perfect. It arrived the day before NSD, so I put it to good use scrapping all FIVE photos from our holiday in Ibiza back in 1985. Film was precious.

This is the first of three pages, with photos of my siblings in the sea, and I'm ticking off the 'Suprematism' challenge from For the Love of Pretty Paper (all this year's NSD challenges are art-themed). I'd never come across suprematism but it's a form of abstract art characterised by the use of basic shapes on a white background. 

We were asked to use a white cardstock background, a large patterned paper shape and some doodling. I cut a large scallop shell for my shape and doodled the crucial lines that make it actually look like a scallop shell. I popped my photos on top (matted on white cardstock to match the background), added a strip of paper below them and ran a line of seashell die-cuts along the bottom edge.


I ended up with two titles on the page (or title and sub-title I suppose). I intended it to be 'Ibiza 1985' which would also act as an introduction to the pages that follow it, but the space above my photo was crying out for something extra.

Supplies
Cardstock - UK Crafts
Paper - Rosie's Studio Salt & Sunsets
Letters - American Crafts, Rosie's Studio
Numbers - Pinkfresh Studio
Die-Cuts - Rosie's Studio Salt & Sunsets
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Tattered Angels
Paint - Golden

Tools
Silhouette Portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment