Sunday 30 May 2021

"Walks with Ranger" Mini Flipbook

I made this little flipbook as a present for a friend a couple of months ago but I didn't see her until Friday when I was finally able to give it to her. She has loved local walks with her dog Ranger during the past year and posted lots of photos on Facebook. I decided to take twelve of them, one per month, and turn them into a flipbook that she can stand on her desk. 

I started with a tutorial video from Ellie Walton in the Paper, Scissors, Story Facebook group, but having watched it and understood her method, I made mine to be larger and changed the fastening. The covers of mine are 4x6 with the photos inside being about 3x4.

I decorated the cover as if the book is landscape, 

but once open you turn it to portrait orientation and convert the fastening to a base so the book can stand up with the pages flipping over the top. 

There's a photo for each month, with all the pages being double-sided. You can see January to June on one side and then turn it round to see July to December on the other side.


Supplies
Cardboard & Tyvek - Recycled Packaging 
Paper - K & Company
Letters - Simple Stories
Word Stickers - Maggie Holmes/Crate Paper
Brad - Unknown
Dots - Nuvo Drope
Ink - Ranger


No comments:

Post a Comment