Sunday 17 May 2020

Balloons Birthday Card

It was my brother's birthday a few days ago, and I made him a card with the aid of this month's sketch from Stick It Down. That big circle just shouted out to be made with my 'Happy Birthday' die, and I had a rummage through my scraps box for suitable papers to go with it. I found a piece of a hot air balloon print that was the wrong shape, but it inspired me to pull out the leftovers from Photoplay Paper's Boarding Pass collection for a similar print plus co-ordinating papers.

I used three strips of paper in place of the blue strip on the sketch, and my sentiment was already on the large circle so I dropped the orange banner from the card.





4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! What a lovely layered card, and your papers are so cool! I love all the coordinating colors and patterns as well. Thank you for joining us at Stick It Down--Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. I like the pattern paper you used. The hot air balloons are uplifting, pun intended. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down.
    Mandi, card DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stellar! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Stick It Down May Card Sketch challenge! We appreciate you joining us!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, SID Card Team
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card, love the balloon background paper! Thanks for playing along with us this month at Stick it Down!
    Monica- card DT
    http://monicascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete