Monday 11 May 2020

Hello Brighthelm

I've been sitting on this page for a while to keep all the Far East posts together. I made it at the end of March for a collaboration between For the Love of Pretty Paper and Quirky Kits which gave us a sketch which didn't suit any of the Malaysian photos that I was scrapping at that time, but was perfect for a couple of photos from last autumn.

The photos are of our daughter at her university accommodation (Brighthelm), taken on the day that we dropped her off at the start of the academic year. The sketch suited the mixed orientations of the photos, but I extended the horizontal papers so that the photo on the right was not quite so isolated.



I started by choosing a ledger paper for my background (since the page is education-related); this was the last whole sheet that I had from My Mind's Eye's Cut and Paste so I pulled out all my scraps from that collection too. Luckily I had enough co-ordinating pieces left to fit the sketch (and I have completely killed that collection now).

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - My Mind's Eye Cut and Paste
Letters - Pebbles
Stickers - Basic Grey
Enamel Dots - Craft Consortium
Puffy Stars - MRI
Puffy Hearts - Studio Calico
Ink - Memento
Mist - Docrafts, Cosmic Shimmer

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Hobbycraft Star Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment